Monday 8 January 2018

Girls On Film


We were waiting in line outside an old movie theatre: my little brother, me and my parents. They'd wanted to come all the way across the city because one of their first ever dates was here. Dad repeated this story a few times during the drive as an excuse to kiss Mom, causing my little brother and I to grossly squeal.

As Mom and Dad bought the tickets a kiddo bumped into me and asked if I knew where East and something was. He seemed sad when I couldn't answer and sadder when Mom pulled me inside before I could say sorry. Dad bought us all popcorn but little brother whined because he wanted Smarties instead. Spoiled brat. The floors at the... I wanna say Badger Theatre? The floors were very slanted, which was fun. I was at the Ex again! It didn't have an arcade or flashing lights prizes though, just some boring black and white posters.

Mom got some wine and Dad got a beer and weirdly they wanted to sit behind us when we took our seats. 'We'll keep an eye on you!' Dad smiled while Mom giggled. So I was stuck next to little brother who wouldn't shut up about this new game everyone at school was playing. I pinched him many times and ate popcorn until the movie started.

It wasn't the same without surround sound or 3D glasses or those awesome vibrating seats, but it was still Bond on a big screen and it was great. Like the beginning where he's battling a goon hand to hand on a crane, while a bomb is dangling by a thread overtop a local school! Or that part where he fires a bullet through a keyhole, right into the hand of a bad guy who had a knife to the queen's throat!

Halfway through the movie my stomach hurt and I lost track of the plot. Bond was suddenly on a big beach, with bright blue water and paper white sand. He was there to meet a spy or steal some plans or something, and he approached a woman lying in the sand by the shore. She stood up to face him and her skin sparkled and shone golden brown under the bright sun. I felt warm and tingly inside, like nervous. Another close up of her, ending at chest level and the feeling doubled.

My face was on fire, I was blushing. I'd never felt anything like this before. My legs twitched slightly. Some bizarre energy flowed towards them, meeting in the middle. Bond put a hand on her shoulder, kissed her lips and I wished I was in his place. Little brother squealed like he did in the car. I stared at the screen, wanting to see more like a rabbit peeking down the hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment