Thursday 11 May 2017

Time Slips Away

I've thought of moments in life that pass by so slowly
Experiences that drag, a heavy stick held by a tired arm
So often I feel impatient
Wanting to move onto the next thing
Counting down minutes constantly
Like they're infinite grains of sand on a beach
How to spend the moments so waited for?
The permanently hot currency on your trading room floor
I want to create, but the mood is not often there
So my mind lingers in reruns
Grounds of nowhere ideas I've stomped before
Stories amusing on first glance, not tenth
I've thought of moments in life that pass by so slowly
And these are not them
They are flickering lights zipping through a metropolis
Going in a continuous circle
Speeding up the afternoons and nights
Stealing the grains of sand from my finite beach

No comments:

Post a Comment