Tuesday 7 July 2020

East End Eats X: Nepal India Curry House






Without doing intense research (if that's what you want then I'll start a Patreon so I get paid for this, gawdamnit), Nepal India Curry House currently exists where the restaurant 'Amma' once was.

I remember 'Amma' as an outside banner, a place I passed by dozens of times but never noticed or even considered. Once 'Nepal House' took it's place is when I realized something along this stretch had changed.

Before you ditch this review in favour of someone actually paying attention to things, this changeover was extremely recent. The exteriors (aside from the name) of both restaurants are so similar, a mistake by the likes of me is regrettably understandable. Still here? Good.

Nepal India Curry House isn't the best curry I've had, but that's only because I tried Cinamon Bistro a couple of months earlier and that stuff is on another level. The food here at 'Nepal' is fantastic. I ordered the Lamb Saag, and was met with a bitter yet rich creamy spinach sauce, with tender lamb, good spice and a nice helping of rice (an extra charge but you definitely get an extra amount).

I am still a noob when it comes to this kind of cuisine (pizza is way more straightforward damnit!) but I find with a curry sauce I like two things: plentiful with strong, lasting flavour; and a meat so tenderly cooked that the texture and juiciness is the perfect companion to that sauce. A bad meat curry can easily be a lot like a bad pizza: even when it's bad it's still kinda good?

Except.... that's bullshit. Bad pizza sucks your soul out and laughs while it does so. Nepal India Curry House is the opposite of that. It is great food, inviting you to explore and enjoy. You won't come back because you're desperate for a regrettable fleeting sensation... you'll come back for the real lasting sensation. Marvelous.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment