Wednesday 26 August 2020

East End Eats XIII: Breakwall BBQ & Smokehouse


 

 

It's a fairly compact neighbourhood in size but the Beaches is loaded with multiple BBQ options. Aside from Hogtown Smoke (an excellent choice already covered by this particular reviewer), you've also got Beach Hill up at Main and Gerrard (spoilers... it's coming soon to a familiar blog near you).

Breakwall is a popular Beaches spot, either foodwise or for late night pints on the way home from bartending busy concerts (*cough*). Occasionally in 2019 I popped in for a late night pint, but here in 2020 I'm as bored as a BlogTo reader who randomly stumbled upon my work. Well be assured, you've stumbled upon the right place. I'll save you the misleading headlines, designed to redirect your focus into mindless scrolling... and get right into the real core of it.


By the way I'm also a musician, check me out at Mixed Metaphors

 

I don't have anything awful, or amazing to say about Breakwall. I went for the brisket platter/helper (about 22-25 bucks) and my biggest grievance: it just isn't a lot of food. You get three nice slices of beef brisket (as thick as a nickel each) and some beef shavings on the side.

The brisket itself is fantastic: fatty, tender, favourful and perfectly complimented with the associating sides: pickles for acidity, bread for texture, and horseradish aioli for that creamy kick. It's great meat, tender and juicy, with a solid rind of fat for texture and extra flavour. Great quality. Like Oliver Twist though, I just want a little more. The quality will impress you, but the quantity will leave your eyes scanning a late night possibility.     

No comments:

Post a Comment